Why choose the Visa Plus Card
The practical, secure cash card for 12-18 year olds
- ideal for people aged 12-18 years old, Visa Plus is an ideal first bank card. It helps young people manage their pocket money, with automatic balance checks for every transaction.
- this cash card enables you to choose a weekly withdrawal limit, and automatic balance checking means there's no risk of overdraft charges.
- access any foreign cash machine, as well as the large 'Visa Plus' network overseas. It’s a great solution for trips, and helps your children avoid carrying too much cash.
Flexible withdrawal limits
Your Visa Plus card offers the following standard ceilings.
These can be customised based on your personal situation, and whether you opened your account online or in branch.
You’ll get your individual limits in your Personalised Conditions when you apply.
- €400 every 7 days at HSBC France ATMs.
- €100 every 7 days at any other ATMs(3)
- Overall combined limit of €100/day for all ATMs
These limits can be adjusted to suit your needs.
Withdrawals from HSBC ATMs are free in France and overseas(2).
Use our locator service to find an ATM.
- contact with a doctor and transportation
- reimbursement of overseas medical expenses
- visit from a parent or close relative
- early repatriation of the insured
- repatriation of other insured persons
- repatriation of the body in the event of death
- return to your trip location after a funeral
- child care
- send urgent messages
Medical repatriation is provided by Mondial Assistance. These services are only available to valid Visa Plus Card holders.
The annual fee for the Visa Plus cash card is €27.
In France and the Eurozone:
Withdrawals in euros are free at HSBC ATMs, and subject to a charge from the fifth withdrawal at other ATMs.
In the European Economic Area:
For card payments and cash withdrawals, currency is converted at the rate applied by Visa on the day the transaction is processed.
Outside the Eurozone:
- withdrawals at HSBC Group ATMs are exempt from our standard charges(1)
- withdrawals at other ATMs are subject to our fixed and proportional fees(1)
More information is available in branch and on our website in our card fees.
In case of loss or theft
Please report loss or theft immediately:
- call free 0 800 970 179** our HSBC Customer Relations department is open 24/7.
- at your local HSBC branch
- in online banking: Accounts and cards France > Cards > Report a lost or stolen card
If you cancel your card online, you can order a replacement immediately after completing your report.
Always confirm your report without delay in writing to your branch. Either deliver it in person or send it by registered post.
Note: you may be liable for any debts incurred due to late cancellation, gross negligence or fraud.
To apply for this product, make an appointment with a branch adviser.
New to HSBC
Complete our easy online form to open an account. It only takes a few moments.