HSBC Safeguard is a series of initiatives designed to help us protect you against fraud and financial crime.
It relies on us keeping the information you give us as accurate and up-to-date as possible.
In an international, hyper-connected world, the financial sector is more exposed than ever to crime. To help stop it we need to:
- collect additional information and supporting documents from our customers
- meet and exceed tough new international banking security regulations
- improve our measures to help prevent money laundering, financing terrorism and corruption
- strengthen our detection and alert systems to protect your accounts more effectively
Over the next few months we’ll look at all our client accounts to ensure we have all the required information.
The next time you speak to your HSBC adviser, you may be asked to:
- confirm or update your personal and/or professional details
- prove the source of money paid into your account(s)
- demonstrate the origins of your wealth
You can do some of this securely online at hsbc.fr.
We'll make sure this is as quick and easy as possible.