Good to know
From April 8, 2014, Microsoft won't provide support and security updates for Windows XP. If you still use this operating system, we recommend you upgrade to a newer version as soon as possible.
Your log on details and Secure Key / Digipass are strictly personal. Never tell them to anyone, in any form.
- check your statement and latest transactions
- check the date you last logged on
- select 'Log off' to leave securely
- tell us immediately if you see or suspect anything unusual, suspicious or unfamiliar on your statement
- never open an email from an unknown sender
- never answer emails asking for personal information like log on details, bank details or credit card numbers
- be careful opening attachments: they may contain a virus or malware
- never connect to online banking or online stores from an email link
Good to know : we'll never ask you for confidential information, such as your online banking login details, by phone or email.
- only use retail sites you know and trust
- check the retailer's site is secure: look for a green address bar with 'https' at the start and a padlock icon
- be careful when making payments over the Internet
Be careful about posting information online and especially on social networks. It could be used by a fraudster to impersonate you.
Make sure you log off securely after using online banking. This helps prevent fraudsters from accessing your personal information.
- be careful using public Wifi and secure your home Wifi network with a password
- avoid logging on to your bank on public networks or unsecured computers
- regularly visit our security section to learn about the latest techniques
- note the latest fraud techniques reported in the media
- if you have employees, make sure they know the risks of fraud, particularly bank transfers