You’ll be eligible for the welcome offer if you’re studying at one of these universities:
My card and my account
- Debit card (international payment card with immediate debit)(6)
- Visa Classic Card + a Visa Premier card for when you’re on an exchange or placement abroad
- Everyday finance: account fees, card replacement, cheque cancellation fees
- Insurance on payment methods in the event of theft or loss(8)
- Overdraft facility: up to €150 a month(9)
My student loan
You’ll make 36 repayments of €140.61 (excluding optional insurance) for a €5,000 loan over 36 months, at a fixed rate of 0.8%. The total cost of the loan is €61.96, including arrangement fees, or an effective annual interest rate (fixed EAIR) of 0.8%(12). Total amount repaid: €5,061.96 (excluding optional insurance). Optional insurance (payment protection in the event of death or permanent disability) costs €0.67(11) per month (up to the age of 28). This is added to your monthly loan repayment. The annual insurance rate is 0.32% making the total cost of insurance over the entire term of the loan €24.12.
A loan is a major financial commitment and must be repaid in full. Please make sure you can afford the repayments before you commit.
How to apply
Make an appointment at a branch.
(1) Offer valid when opening an account for the first time between 1st January 2020 to 31st December 2021. Specific rates reserved for students aged 18 to 28 at any one of the Bank’s partner universities. Subject to approval and the terms of the agreement. Visit your nearest branch or contact us for a list of partner universities.
(2) Can be used in conjunction with other current offers and does not apply to HSBC Continental Europe members of staff. The gift card is valid for one or more purchases in stores and online, to the nearest euro. Valid for 12 months. For a list of retail partners, go to www.illicado.com
(4) We would like to remind you that, under current French regulations, individuals, associations and non-commercial companies domiciled or established for tax purposes in France are required to declare accounts used, opened or closed abroad and the related income in their personal or corporate income tax return. Moreover, as soon as tax is paid on investment income, individuals must pay social contributions and, where applicable, make interim tax payments. Finally, under certain conditions, the portion of the value represented by real estate assets or shares of corporations or organisations held in these accounts must be declared for property wealth tax purposes if the holders concerned are liable to this tax. Moreover, under current regulations, individuals domiciled for tax purposes in France are required to include details in their tax return of capitalisation contracts and similar investments, particularly life insurance policies, underwritten by organisations established outside France and, where appropriate, any income earned upon surrendering these policies. Furthermore, these individuals must pay social contributions due in relation to their contract or policy. Finally, the surrender value of redeemable insurance policies and capitalisation bonds or contracts, for the portion of their value represented by units of account composed of taxable property assets, must be declared for property wealth tax purposes if the holders are liable to this tax. Tax adjustments and penalties will be applied if these obligations are not met. For further information regarding these tax obligations and declarations, we recommend that you speak to an independent advisor.
(7) Preferential rate upon subscribing to the HSBC Hexagone agreement for the duration of your studies within the institution. Rate renewable each year on presentation of a valid student card. Offer only available at the Bank’s branches, subject to the Bank’s approval. Terms and conditions apply. Access to the products and services may be subject to restrictions with regard to certain persons or in certain countries.
(9) Subject to approval. Overdraft facility available for up to 15 calendar days per month, consecutive or otherwise. Example: for an overdraft of €5150 daily for 15 days: total cost of €0.97 (including fees on the highest overdraft calculated at the rate of 0.05%) with interest rate equal to the HSBC base rate + 7%, i.e. at 21/09/2020, 14.40%. APR: 17.04%, i.e. a daily interest rate of 0.0431%.
(10) Conditions valid for any loan application up to 31/12/2021 subject to assessment and approval of your application by the Bank. Specific conditions reserved only for students of a Bank partner university, up to 28 years of age or until the date the applicant ceases to be a student if this is before that age. Your branch will provide you with the loan agreement and all the relevant information. The borrower has a cooling-off period of 14 days from the date on which the loan offer is approved (for any loan amount lower or equal to €75,000). The Bank has no obligation to provide a favourable response to requests made within the context of this commercial proposition.
(11) Group loan insurance scheme no. 001/900/31 with optional individual membership, underwritten by HSBC Continental Europe with HSBC Assurances Vie (France), a company regulated by the Insurance Code. Subject to the terms of the agreement and acceptance by the insurer. Insurance is optional for student loans.
(12) Offer valid from 1st January to 31st December 2021 and reserved for students of a partner university (please visit your local branch or contact us for a list of partner universities). Rate valid from 1st January to 31st December 2021.